The city of Beijing has been generating the kinds of headlines that cities usually want no part of. Ahead of the Olympic games, many athletes have been publicly deriding the city's air quality, and rightly so. According to the World Health Organization, the current air pollution in Beijing is at least two to three times higher than levels deemed safe. City officials have been doing what they can with the limited resources and time that is available to them, but Detroit News writer John McCormick
A lot of Olympic athletes are dreading the 2008 Summer Games in Beijing because of the awful air quality in the host city. The rapid growth of the car population in China combined with all the construction going on in China's largest cities is leading to an environmental disaster. The city of Shanghai is putting the brakes on the vehicle population by limiting the number of license plates they issue.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX