Americans can't quite fully enjoy the BMW i3 for themselves quite yet, but the first few German EV fans are now out there driving around in an a BMW of their very own.
Flicker user "lithuimbomb9999" bought this '73 BMW Bavaria back in 2001 and informs us that instead of one of the stock engines from its time (either a 2.8L or 3.0L inline 6 making 170 - 190 HP), the engine compartment of this old Bimmer hides a 3.5L six-cylinder from an '88 535i. That gives the car somewhere between 200 and 220 horsepower and, as lithiumbom puts it, "boatloads of torque." Other mechanical updates include a metric mechanic sport cam, dual weber 32/36 DGAV carbs and later-model s
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX