Bomb squads are commonly depicted as operating with surgical precision as they cautiously clip the correct-colored wire to disarm a threat. While this may sometimes be the case in reality, there are certain situations that call for a more direct approach.
Bradley takes a ride in the BatCat, a remote controlled telehandler robot used by the Los Angeles Police Department in emergency situations. Equipped with cameras and sensors for navigation via a remote operator, the LAPD's BatCat can lift vehicles and tear down walls with its massive telescopic claw.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX