Racing fans who enjoyed the spectacle of open-wheel single-seaters racing around Baltimore's Inner Harbor and past Camden Yards where the Orioles and the Ravens play may be disheartened to read of the latest developments. But take heart: it ain't over, they say, until the fat lady sings, and in this case she appears only to have taken a brief intermission.
Baltimore Racing Development
Racing fans looking for that Monaco or Long Beach-style harbor-front open-wheel racing experience on the East Coast of the United States will be pleased to learn that plans are under way to bring an IndyCar street race to Baltimore's picturesque Inner Harbor. The plan, still being assessed by local officials, would involve a four-day event at the end of the summer (book-ending the season started by the Indy 500) for at least five years starting in 2011.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX