UK-based Axeon, Europe's largest independent supplier of lithium-ion battery systems, has raised an additional £5 million ($7.8 million U.S. at the current exchange rate) in equity to support its expansion goals. The funding, though not substantial enough to allow the company to accomplish all of its goals, should help Axeon expand its electric vehicle (EV) technology development centers in Europe and kick off the early stages of planning a lithium-ion production facility in North America.
Axeon Lithium Ion Battery
British battery supplier Axeon Holdings has just recieved a £2.5 million order to supply lithium ion battery packs and charging systems to Modec for their electric delivery vans. Combined with a previous order for some initial test packs, Modec has now ordered 172 packs and chargers from Axeon.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies