According to a story in the Economic Times of India, the DC Design Avanti is on its way – but it's going to take a couple of years. Company founder Dilip Chhabria told the paper that he plans to have a manufacturing facility in the Sanand, Ahmedabad district in Gujarat state, India by next year with a production capacity of 3,500 units.
DC Design, an Indian firm better known for creating one-off customized vehicles based on anything from the Tata Nano to Rolls-Royce coupes, has officially pulled the covers off its first production supercar at the New Delhi Auto Expo. Called the Avanti, we can't help but wonder what esteemed designer Raymond Loewy might think of this creation.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX