Both the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department and the Los Angeles Police Department have become big fans of cameras that capture license plate numbers and check them against information in registration and criminal databases. The Sheriff's Department uses 47 fixed cameras and has 77 squad cars with the equipment, the LAPD has gone from having 12 cruisers with the cameras five years ago to 100 now – and the cameras snag images of more than a thousand plates a minute. The LA departments aren't a
Automatic License Recognition
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX