Motoring.com, an Aussie web site, is reporting that Volvo will officially announce its upcoming participation in the V8 Supercars championship in Queensland on June 17, at the launch of its S60 Polestar sedan. The discussions have apparently been going on for weeks, but Motoring.com agreed to hold off on the announcement until Volvo's board had approved the deal.
In case you missed it, Australia's V8 Supercars racing series - think of it as a cross between ALMS GT and NASCAR - roared through Texas this past weekend providing entertainment for more than 68,000 fans who were in attendance at the Austin 400 held at the impressive Circuit of the Americas venue. The three-day Championship event included four qualifying sessions and four 100 kilometer sprint races, all run nearly flat-out.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX