According to a report from Autocar in the UK, the Audi R8 is set to get something of a swan song for its own going-away party in the form of an updated GT model for the 2014 model year. If Autocar is right, this even higher-performance Audi R8 will debut at the upcoming 24 Hours of Le Mans race in France.
Audi R8 Gt
When Audi introduced the refreshed 2014 R8, one of the first things we noticed was that the new R8 V10 Plus offers identical output to the outgoing R8 GT, suggesting that this limited-production model was either due to be cancelled or poised for a serious power increase. Fortunately, these spy shots have us suspecting that the latter is more likely.
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!