We have to wait one more week before we get to see the 2015 Audi A8 and S8, but it doesn't look like Audi is going to stay quiet until then. After releasing a pair of teaser videos over the last week, it has now released a first detailed picture of the new A8 revealing the trick Matrix LED headlight.
Audi Matrix Beam Lighting
Automotive News reports Audi may have a hard road ahead of it when it comes to convincing federal regulators to allow the company's new matrix beam lighting. The system uses small cameras to detect other vehicles on the road and darkens specific elements of the high-beam pattern to provide maximum nighttime visibility without blinding other drivers. Audi has been displaying this technology on its concept cars for a couple of years now (including the Crosslane Coupe Concept shown above at its 201
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX