The Audi 5000 with automatic transmission was the car that brought the term "sudden unintended acceleration" into everyday use. Here's a rare 5-speed-equipped example in a Denver wrecking yard.
- Jonathon Ramsey
- Mar 9, 2010
Unintended acceleration didn't start with Toyota, nor did it start with the Audi 5000 – it's probably been around since the first man put a leg over what he thought was a tamed horse.
- Chris Paukert
- Jun 15, 2006
In word that must have long-time Audi executives reaching for their Maalox by association, Connecticut officials are urging federal regulators to investigate allegations of 'unintended acceleration' in late-model Jeep Grand Cherokees.
- 2018 Mustang GT does 0-60 in under 4 seconds
- How dealers are price-gouging Dodge Demon
- New Car Buying Guides
- 2018 Honda Accord is sleeker, more efficient
- Mercedes X-Class pickup truck revealed
- Find and compare 2017 Models