First of all, what the heck is the Atkinson Cycle and why should we care? Naturally, it's a bit complicated, but basically in a modern Atkinson Cycle engine, the intake valve is held open longer than normal to allow a reverse flow of intake air into the intake manifold and allowing for a smaller compression ratio than the expansion ratio, making the engine more efficient with a slight reduction in overall power. Consult the all-knowing Wiki for more on that.
1 / 1
1 / 1
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
There are no questions about this topic.Click here to ask!