Understanding the confluence of the electric drive industry and the U.S. government is at the heart of the EDTA Conference this week. During a working session on Wednesday, a half dozen speakers dissected ways governments of various jurisdictions (city, state and federal) can and do support electric drive vehicles. Here're the highlights.
If you're like me, then all of the EVs (SULEV, ULEV, PZEV) attached to new car emissions descriptions are sort of baffling. The EVs are vehicle emissions standards in the state of California, but have gained popularity because they're easy to use and help salespeople sell cars to gals like me who wear their Birkenstocks to the dealership. Here's the scoop on what the different standards refer to:
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX