An auction house in Dallas has sold the original license plates that marked President John F. Kennedy's limousine the day he was assassinated. An unidentified buyer won with a high bid of $100,000.
As car people, there's a certain degree of delight that comes with watching an old James Bond movie and seeing Desmond Llewelyn describe the accoutrements of an MI6-modded Aston Martin or Lotus, all while saying, "Oh grow up, 007." But in reality, a car with concealed firearms, a hallmark of Bond's rides, is actually a terrifying prospect, as one Czech citizen found out.
- Spy shots automakers don't want you to see
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Bargain-priced performance hatchbacks
- Why trucks matter so much in Texas
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!