Toyota has just wrapped up another impressive Antarctic expedition, this time traversing over 43,500 miles in the span of four months. In the process, the company says it snagged a new world record with three specially-prepared Hilux pickup trucks with each covering 5,903 miles of the frozen continent. Iceland-based Arctic Trucks handled converting the pickups for their stint in the cold, and while the alterations included creating at least two 6x6 versions, the 3.0-liter turbo-diesel engines ha
It probably could have been foreseen that an erupting volcano in Iceland would be an irresistible lure for Top Gear. The smell of lava in the gave James May, Jeremy Clarkson, and Richard Hammond the urge to outfit a vehicle and drive from Reykjavik to the top of the caldera. Specifically, rather, it gave them the urge to get a vehicle outfitted by Arctic Trucks to make the attempt.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX