American Electric Vehicles (AEV) – a Colorado-based company co-founded by Dr. Dan Rivers – is developing an 18-passenger electric shuttle bus with the intention of eventually selling it in the U.S., China and India. Rivers, who co-founded the lithium-ion battery company Compact Power Inc., announced that the 21-foot eShuttle prototype has concluded efficiency testing in China and claims that the bus' 88.5 kWh lithium iron phosphate battery pack provides 83 miles of range. That is, wi
American Electric Vehicles
Is the sudden interest in neighborhood electric vehicles (NEV) good for EV movement? Are they helping advance the technology needed to introduce mainstream consumers to EVs? Is there really a strong market for $10,000 or $15,000 grocery getters and industrial-yard security cruisers?
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies