Whether by design or just poor timing, the latest reports have Alfa Romeo presenting its highly-anticipated upcoming MINI rival to local dealers on March 18, just after the Geneva Motor Show where it was expected to debut. Following the first orders that will be taken in Italy in June and initial deliveries in September, the new Alfa hatch will be officially launched at the Paris Motor Show in October.
Alfa Romeo Furiosa
One of the reasons that autocratic rulers don't open themselves up to democracy is because there's a good chance they won't get what they want. The ruler in this case is Alfa Romeo, which held an online poll to name its next car, and the winningest result was "Furiosa." It has been speculated that Alfa is furious with the name, and that, in the best tradition of unhappy autocrats, the results have been vacated: the car will not be named the Furiosa.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX