A carsharing company has started up a new service designed to take some of the hassles out of air travel. Daimler subsidiary Car2go has added a partnership in Austin, TX, with The Parking Spot, a leading near-airport parking company.
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) did a great job encouraging electric vehicle trips to the airport by setting up 38 charging stations in two separate lots and offering EV drivers free parking spaces. Those no-cost spots were a huge draw, to be sure, but airport authorities have now decided to pull the plug . The airport said it will stop the free parking deal in March, in part to reduce the growing volume of electric cars circling the lot waiting for one of the coveted spots to open up.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX