A carsharing company has started up a new service designed to take some of the hassles out of air travel. Daimler subsidiary Car2go has added a partnership in Austin, TX, with The Parking Spot, a leading near-airport parking company.
- Jon LeSage
- Jan 8, 2013
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) did a great job encouraging electric vehicle trips to the airport by setting up 38 charging stations in two separate lots and offering EV drivers free parking spaces. Those no-cost spots were a huge draw, to be sure, but airport authorities have now decided to pull the plug . The airport said it will stop the free parking deal in March, in part to reduce the growing volume of electric cars circling the lot waiting for one of the coveted spots to open up.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models