There was nary a peep of discontent about the looks of the Subaru Advanced Tourer concept revealed at the 2011 Tokyo Motor Show. But when everyone was clamoring for Scooby to transfer the Advanced Tourer's looks to a production vehicle, never once did people ask for that transfer to be foisted on the WRX. A report in Motor Trend, though, says that's what's happening: the concept "was actually an early look at the next-generation Subaru WRX."
Advanced Tourer Concept
Many of us were big fans of the visuals of the previous-generation Subaru Legacy. While it was a little long-in-the-tooth by the time its replacement rolled around, it was a pretty slick little number. The current Legacy may be more advanced than the model it replaced, but we've never warmed to its look the way we did with the fourth generation model. That's why we're encouraged by these preview images of this new concept.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX