ABI Research thinks that worldwide electric vehicle sales could hit $58 billion by 2021.
If ABI Research is correct, our monthly math fest that is the green car sales report will soon take longer to add up. That's because ABI's recent report says that almost 2.4 million battery-electric vehicles will be sold worldwide in 2020, estimating that EV sales (excluding plug-in hybrids and extended-range plug-ins) will jump 48 percent a year through the end of the decade. That means that the estimated 150,000 EVs expected to be sold globally this year will increase to 2.36 million in 2020,
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX