We have just joined the journalist hordes in Affalterbach for some early peeks at AMG's imminent future, and the downsizing trend is really catching on, even here with Mercedes-Benz and its traditionally big-engined high-performance arm.
With the launch of the new A-Class, Mercedes-Benz is getting serious about the premium hatchback segment – much more than it was with the previous A-Class, B-Class and the old, C-Class Sport Coupe. And with the premium hatchback territory comes the high-end hot hatch market. Audi is already playing that game with the RS3 and BMW is heading in with the new M135i, so Mercedes is going to need an entry of its own. And this is the latest on its development.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX