It'll be a landmark running for the Indianapolis 500 later this month, as the event celebrates its 100th anniversary as the premier open-wheel racing event in America. All of which only gave some fans more reason to be ticked off when Donald Trump was announced as this year's pace car driver.
Although the actual award ceremony and induction won't take place until October, the Automotive Hall of Fame announced its class of 2007. Five legendary names from all facets of the automotive world were revealed during the International Motor Press Association meeting at the New York International Auto Show yesterday. The full release follows the jump, but here are the five inductees in brief:
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX