The Ferrari 599 Gran Turismo Omologato – or something that everyone has given that moniker to – has been snapped in varicolored glory outside the Ferrari factory in Maranello. Taking turns in red-and-black, blue and black the car is disguised in the same way as the previous surreptitiously-caught 599 that everyone wants to be a GTO.
Few letters hold the same lore for Ferrari fans as G-T-O. Pontiac muscle-cars aside, the letters were first used on the iconic '60s-era 250 GTO. The 288 GTO followed two decades later and laid the ground for the F40, the first in the modern age of Ferrari supercars. Now the name is set to come back again on an extreme version of the 599 GTB
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX