It looks like the all-electric version of the Fiat 500 will make its official debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show next month. No word on whether Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne will bring the house down with his "we don't really want to build this car" routine.
The Fiat 500 has been a popular vehicle to convert to electric drive – so much so that even the recently deceased Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi had one (see also here and here) – but an official 500 EV has been nothing but auto show reveals and secret tests and that's about it for the past few years. Chrysler displayed a battery-powered 500 at the 2010 Detroit Auto Show but work has continued a bit behinds the scenes since then.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX