BMW has announced it is recalling a whopping 1.3 million 5 Series and 6 Series vehicles from the 2003 to 2010 model years. Of those, Reuters notes that some 368,000 examples were sold in the U.S. – most of them sedans like the one above.
5 Series Recall
BMW is recalling 200,000 units of its 3 Series, 5 Series and X3 SUVs to repair potentially faulty air bag sensors. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website says the recall campaign covers 2004-2006 5 Series, 2004-2006 X3 and 2006 3 Series vehicles, though only those equipped with sport seats.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX