The 2016 Volkswagen Beetle Dune Cabriolet at the LA Auto Show looks ready for the desert with its upgraded styling and Sandstorm Yellow paint. No upgrades are made to the Beetle's 1.8 TSI and a six-speed automatic, though.
2016 VW Beetle Dune
Volkswagen has sneakily announced plans to put the Beetle Dune Concept from the 2014 Detroit Motor Show into production in 2016. The confirmation didn't come in a press release as long as your arm (as is the norm among German automakers). Instead, it came as almost an aside during a promotional video for the high-riding Bug. And it isn't only going to be limited to the coupe like the concept either; a convertible version is also on the way.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX