An Australian magazine reports that Ford is working on a more extreme version of the AWD Focus RS hatch. We think the speculation is plausible.
2016 Ford Focus Rs
Ford promises to more than a dozen new performance models by 2020, and this is the latest: the third-generation Focus RS, complete with 2.3-liter EcoBoost four channeling over 315 horsepower to all four wheels to give the latest breed of hot hatches a run for their money.
Okay Ford, this is what we like to see. One of our intrepid spy photographers has captured a vehicle that we weren't even sure would see the light of day – the next Focus RS. While this is pretty clearly a mule based on the current Focus ST, as our spy points out, there are a number of giveaways about this hot hatch's true nature.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX