The 2015 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen takes everything we like about the already fun and functional Golf and stretches it into an even more useful wagon configuration. Here, we test a pair of diesel-equipped examples in Texas Hill Country.
2015 VW Golf Sportwagen
The 2015 VW Golf SportWagen gets a little bigger on the outside but sheds weight and offers new standard features. Prices start at $21,395* for the base model with the 1.8-liter turbocharged four-cylinder and five-speed manual or $24,595 for the least expensive TDI model.
Hey, remember the New York Auto Show from a few weeks back? Well, Volkswagen showed off a car that it called a concept, but that was basically a production-ready vehicle. It was called the Golf TDI SportWagen Concept, and we didn't need to exercise our powers of deduction to figure out what car this thinly veiled concept was foreshadowing.
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!