In the past, buyers that desired a sporty Volkswagen were rather limited in terms of choice. You could have a GTI, a Jetta GLI or a Golf R. If you wanted to move beyond the compact segment, you were stuck looking elsewhere. For 2014, though, VW decided to try and sportify it's big Passat sedan.
2014 VW Passat Sport
Think back to last year's Detroit Auto Show, and you'll recall Volkswagen quietly introduced a spruced-up version of its midsize sedan, very plainly dubbed the Passat Performance Concept. This show car featured things like 19-inch wheels, carbon accents, an advanced front lighting system and – most importantly – a boosted version of the company's 1.8-liter turbocharged inline four-cylinder engine, tuned to produce a healthy 250 horsepower.
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!