Subaru revealed its 2014 XV Crosstrek Hybrid at the New York Auto Show earlier this year, and with the high-riding hybrid hatchback arriving at dealers by the end of this year, pricing has finally been set. Starting at $25,995 (*not including at least $825 for destination charges, which may vary in certain states), the new hybrid model represents a $4,000 premium over the standard 2014 XV Crosstrek models equipped with the continuously variable transmission.
2014 Subaru Xv Crosstrek
For a company that does a pretty great job of tying its vehicles to the environment – or, better said, to people who like to actually get out into the environment – Subaru hasn't exactly been a leader in green vehicle production. In fact, it's 2013 and the company is finally releasing its first-ever production hybrid, the XV Crosstrek Hybrid. Tom Doll, Subaru's executive vice president, admitted as much at the unveiling today at the New York Auto Show: "We at Subaru were not the firs
- Spy shots that automakers don't want you to see
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Bargain-priced performance hatchbacks
- Why trucks matter so much in Texas
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!