Having aced the crash test from Insurance Institute for Highway Safety and earning the highest rating of Top Safety Pick+, the 2014 Subaru Forester headed over to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration for a date with destruction. In the barrage of NHTSA tests, the new Forester met similar results as it did with the IIHS, earning a five-star overall crash rating.
2014 Subaru Forester Crash Test
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety introduced its new small overlap frontal crash test last year, and while a number of cars have passed the test with an "Acceptable" rating, the 2014 Subaru Forester is the first vehicle to ace the test with a "Good" rating. A total of 13 small crossovers and SUVs were subjected to the more rigorous testing procedure, and only the Forester and the 2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport drove off with the highest Top Safety Pick+ rating.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX