It may be a while before buyers get their hands on the next-generation Nissan Titan. Automotive News reports that the vehicle has encountered engineering delays brought about by this year's earthquake and tsunami tragedies in Japan, and now the next-gen pickup may not debut until the 2014 model year. The news comes courtesy of Andy Palmer, executive vice president for vehicle planning and program management at Nissan, who said that he made the decision to delay the vehicle's development.
2014 Nissan Titan
The Nissan Titan is being redesigned for 2014, and if we're to take the Nissan America's chairman at his word, another new one will be in the pipeline after that. Colin Dodge tells Automotive News, "We're going to need two or three cycles to be as professional as the people who have been doing it for 50 or 60 years."
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX