Volkswagen has gotten pretty comfortable hogging the – admittedly small – non-premium diesel car market in the US. With Golf and Jetta, the German automaker has been the one and only choice for those interested in the torquey, high-mpg merits of turbocharged diesel power.
2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel
General Motors has announced the 2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel will return 46 miles per gallon highway based on Environmental Protection Agency estimates, besting original projections by some 4 mpg. As GM points out, the figure is better than "any non-hybrid passenger car in America," including the Volkswagen Passat TDI at 43 mpg and the Volkswagen Jetta TDI at 42 mpg. The Toyota Prius, meanwhile, still bests the Cruze Diesel thanks to the hybrid's 48 mpg highway rating.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX