Crash tests continue to get ever tougher, and the new "small overlap" test from the Insurance Institute For Highway Safety is giving engineers fits. The new procedure, launched in August, subjects just 25 percent of a vehicle's front end to an impact at 40 miles per hour, and it's proven to be a lot tougher to ace than the institute's old 40-percent overlap test, which is also still in use. The test is designed to simulate impact with a pole, tree or an offset other vehicle – all common cr
2013 Volkswagen Jetta
Rainer Michel, Vice President of Product Marketing & Strategy at Volkswagen of America, stopped by the AOL offices today for a chat about what VW has on tap for the 2013 model year. While much of what he had to say was either minor reshuffling of features or stuff we already knew – like the 45-mpg, hybrid version of the Jetta launching late this year – there were a few interesting tidbits.
- Spy shots automakers don't want you to see
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Bargain-priced performance hatchbacks
- Why trucks matter so much in Texas
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!