Only a tiny number of cars have been unquestioned status symbols for six straight decades. The Mercedes-Benz SL is one of them, and – just like another one, coincidentally – it's new for this year. Although "Magic Sky Control" doesn't have the same classic ring as "pagoda roof," the R231 2013 SL aims to keep the streak going.
By now we're familiar with the new-car introduction dance steps: first the leaks, then the sneak peek, then more leaks, then the official reveal with photos, then videos, then the auto show circuit. We're at penultimate step with the 2013 Mercedes-Benz SL, and after the jump you'll find its SLS-like nose punching its way through scenic landscapes.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX