Just in case a stock 662-horsepower Shelby GT500 isn't powerful enough for your taste and the 850-hp Shelby Super Snake still fails to tickle your fancy, Shelby American has introduced the monstrous 2013 Shelby 1000 as the king of the Mustangs.
2013 Shelby 1000
True story: Last fall, I had the opportunity to spend a week with Ford's new 2013 Shelby GT500 – the Blue Oval's factory Mustang with 662 horsepower and 631 pound-feet of torque. It's an amazing beast, to be sure. I'm not sure if it was Michigan's damp streets strewn with potholes and wet leaves, but at no point did I ever say to myself, "You know, Ford is on to a really good thing here, but what it really needs is about twice the power." And yet, for people in warmer climes with infrastru
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!