Most of the time our spy shots reveal the sexy new lines of the latest sports car or some subtle curves that hint at the new direction for a midsize sedan. Today things are a little different. Boxier, more van-like. Yet the forthcoming 2013 Ford Transit our spy shooters captured roaming the streets of Detroit is unlike any cargo van Americans have ever known.
2013 Ford Transit
The new Ford Transit cargo van promises improved fuel economy compared to the outgoing E-Series, in part because it will be powered by the 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6. But that's not the only mill that will be powering the Transit. Ford announced that the fresh take on cargo vans will also boast a diesel powerplant option when it makes it to production in 2013.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX