There are more varieties of the Ford Mustang than coffee concoctions at Starbucks, yet enthusiasts always seem eager to embrace one more. Vaughn Gittin Jr., the driving champion most famous for his sideways antics in Formula Drift, developed the Mustang RTR as a dealer-installed appearance package and performance upgrade to the popular Ford coupe.
2013 Ford Mustang Rtr
Last year Formula Drift star Vaughn Gittin Jr. let us go for a quick drive in his 2011 Mustang RTR, and while we were impressed with the styling and price, the harsh suspension tuning and lack of performance options left us wanting. Gittin must have taken our review to heart, as he unveiled the 2013 Mustang RTR today with a new adjustable suspension setup and up to 624 horsepower with an optional supercharger system.
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!