For a company that profits heavily from fullsize trucks and SUVs, Chevrolet has a surprisingly big hit on its hands with its smallest offering, the Spark. Automotive News is reporting that in its first 12 months in the US, the microcar has amassed 26,869 sales, which is 35 percent higher than the automaker originally estimated for the hatchback. The Spark has been on sale in other global markets since 2009, and Chevy has sold more than 720,000 units worldwide since its introduction.
2013 Chevy Spark
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX