Bob Lutz has put Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney's numerous past comments about the automotive bailout behind him, according to Automotive News. During a recent episode of "The Kudlow Report" on CNBC, the former auto executive made it clear he now backs Romney for the 2012 presidential election, saying "[Romney] now says he was totally in favor of [the bailout] and suggested it."
2012 Presidential Election
As expected, the so-called auto bailout of 2009 has become a major talking point in the run-up to the 2012 Presidential Election. Somewhat surprisingly, however, both sides of the aisle are taking credit for the success seen by General Motors and Chrysler since the two automakers were pushed through a structured bankruptcy process.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX