A Simple Black Dress With A Leather-Wrapped Baseball Bat
2012 Mercedes Benz Slk55 Amg
The smallest roadster in the automaker's lineup is all-new for 2012, and hardly in need of more power, but that hasn't stopped Mercedes-Benz from shoehorning its AMG-tuned 5.5-liter V8 under the hood. The naturally-aspirated M152 engine, featuring direct injection, is rated at 415 horsepower at 6,800 rpm with 398 pound-feet of torque at 4,500 rpm. The standard gearbox is AMG's Speedshift Plus 7G-Tronic automatic with three electronic modes. Rev-matching on downshifts is also standard. According
Balancing power and economy is a tricky business, especially for Mercedes-Benz and its in-house performance division, AMG. On the one hand, a buyer's conscience demands improved fuel economy and reduced emissions. But on the other, AMG knows what its customers really want is pure, unadulterated muscle.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX