The rumormill just can't stop churning out stories of an impending Mazda RX-7 revival. We've been hearing that we should expect the rotary-powered sports car any day now... for the last few years. It's still yet to show its smiling face. Still, here we are with another report indicating that the next RX-7 is just around the corner, this time as a 2011 or 2012 model.
2012 Mazda Rx 7
Ever since Mazda revived its Wankel rotary program in 2004 with the RX-8, the internet rumormill has constantly been abuzz with reports of a proper two-door RX-7 variant. The latest such rumor comes by way of Japanese magazine Best Car (via JDM-centric website 7Tune.com), which indicates the new sportscar has a 55% chance of making an appearance at the upcoming Tokyo Motor Show in October.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX