The Chevrolet Impala hasn't had many updates since it last received an overhaul for 2006, but that changes for 2012, at least in the area of powertrains. As we told you back in May, the otherwise untouched Impala will receive General Motors' tried and true 3.6-liter V6 for 2012. The direct-injected engine boasts 302 horsepower and 252 pound-feet of torque – a far cry from the 211-horsepower, 3.5-liter V6 it replaces. Heck, even the optional 3.9-liter V6 could only muster 230 horsepower.
2012 Chevrolet Impala
1 / 1
1 / 1
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX