The never-ending battle of heavy-duty pickup truck one-upmanship continues with Ford's announcement that it will increase the maximum trailer tow rating on its 2011.5 F-350 and F-450 Super Duty models to 17,500 pounds. Not coincidentally, General Motors nabbed the maximum conventional trailer rating at the beginning of 2011 with the latest versions of its Chevrolet Silverado HD and GMC Sierra HD with ratings of up to 17,000 pounds.
2011 Ford F 450
Ford has added two more platforms to its lineup of commercial vehicles available with a factory-installed preparation kit for either compressed natural gas (CNG) or liquefied petroleum gas systems (LPG). The F-450 and F-550 chassis cabs can now be ordered by fleet customers with all the fittings necessary to connect the alternative fuel tanks to the 6.8-liter V10 engines.
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!