General Motors has issued a recall for 392,409 2009 and 2010 Chevrolet Impalas. The issue at hand lies with front seatbelt anchors. A number of Impalas may have front belts that were not properly secured to the anchor pretensioner mounted nearest to the door. In a crash, this could cause the seatbelt anchor to separate and not act very much like a safety feature.
2010 Chevrolet Impala
General Motors has killed off the Impala SS, again. For the 2010 model year, the Impala line will be available in base LS, mid-range LT and range-topping LTZ trim. The loss of the SS edition will also mark the end of the end of the line for GM's 5.3L V8 engine in the midsize front-wheel drive Chevy sedan. That means the biggest available engine will be the 3.9L LGD pushrod 60-degree V6.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX