The evolution of any Audi is a study in subtlety. The evolution of the A8, even by Audi standards, has been especially delicate, going from brazen lozenge to the softly curved – and elegant – geometric form it is today. There is nothing sculpted about it, and perhaps the most notable styling element the entire time has been the sedan's gaping grille.
Over the past few days, we've received a number of tips about the new Audi A8. First was a report from Inside Line about Audi's top-tier sedan not making it to Frankfurt next month, and it was accompanied by renderings of a swoopy silver sedan (at right). Yet we couldn't figure out if that image, from Fox Syndication, was really the A8 that is said to be showing up in Detroit for it's first public viewing.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies