Well, score one for the little guy. Or, as the case may be, the guy that won an eBay auction, getting himself one helluva mondo deal on a 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8. To refresh your memory, a Southern California dealer called Glenn E Thomas Dodge Chrysler Jeep had the Challenger in question on eBay. The Buy It Now price was $43,425 and the reserve (according to Glenn E Thomas) was $42,995. Then the dealer lowered the Buy It Now price to $43,425 and suddenly, somehow the reserve disappeared.
2009 Dodge Challenger Srt8
Earlier this week, we shared with you the budding saga of "Hitman" and the fact that he had won a 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 from Glenn E Thomas Dodge Chrysler Jeep for the amazing low price of $29,100 – about $13,000 less than the car is worth and also $13,000 less than Glenn Thomas wanted to sell it for. However, because eBay auctions are "legally binding" contracts and the dealer failed to put in a reserve, tough turkey, you gotta sell the car at a loss, right? Not quite.
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!