The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration began an investigation of the 2003 and 2004 Infiniti M45 late last year over inaccurate fuel gauge readings, and now that probe has resulted in an official recall. The culprit has been identified as a faulty circuit board that causes the gauge to register more fuel in the tank than the car actually has.
2004 Infiniti M45
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has launched an investigation concerning Infiniti M45 sedans from the 2003 and 2004 model year. The government organization has reportedly received 43 complaints about inaccurate fuel gauge readings, and in 26 of these cases, the improperly calibrated fuel gauges have led to instances of engine stalling.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX