Seven years ago, Ford recalled about 470,000 Escape crossovers from its 2002-2004 model years to fix a troublesome accelerator cable. But the Center for Auto Safety says those repairs may have caused another problem.
2002 Ford Escape
Ford is recalling nearly half a million vehicles in two separate actions announced today by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Just over 244,000 Ford Escape crossovers from model year 2001 and 2002 are being recalled for potentially leaky brake master cylinder reservoir caps, while nearly 206,000 2004 and 2005 Ford Freestar and Mercury Monterey minivans may have defective torque converter output shafts.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX