With apologies to the Beatles, it was 20 years ago today Toyota taught the luxury auto establishment how to play. According to a message posted to Twitter from @Toyota, today is the day we all wish Lexus a Happy 20th Anniversary. Make a wish and blow out the candles – let's all party like its 1989!
Here it is folks, the ethos of at least the second half of the 1980s, neatly encapsulated in 30 seconds. This 1989 home-market commercial launching the DOHC VTEC engine in the Honda Integra plays up the American appeal baked into the car. Badged as an Acura here in the States, the Integra was cementing the reputation of Honda's upmarket rides in a market that still viewed Honda as a maker of economical, inexpensive cars. The bludgeon-y juxtaposition of an Integra zipping around and Alex P. Keato
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX